November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Lung cancer is the third most common cancer in the UK, and is more common in older people. Look out for the following symptoms:
– A cough for three weeks or more.
– A change in a long-standing cough.
– A chest infection that does not get better, or getting repeated chest infections.
– Feeling breathless and wheezy for no reason.
– Coughing up blood.
– Chest or shoulder pain that does not get better.
– A hoarse voice for three weeks or more.
Other possible symptoms of lung cancer may include:
– Losing weight for no obvious reason.
– Feeling tired.
– It is important to have any symptoms you may notice checked out by a GP.
For support and information on lung cancer, visit