NHS healthcare professionals are starting to visit housebound patients over the age of 80 years old to deliver the Covid-19 vaccine this week.
With a small number of people nationally having received suspicious calls and text messages offering the vaccine, NHS in Lancashire and South Cumbria wanted to share some key points.
- The NHS will never ask you for your bank account or card details
- The NHS will never ask you for your PIN or banking password
- The NHS will never arrive unannounced at your home to administer the vaccine
- The NHS will never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport, driving licence, bills or pay slips
- Anyone from the NHS visiting your home will have an NHS ID card – please ask to see it.